Remember when Halloween was a celebration mostly for children? It's quite evident it's developed into something much bigger in the last few years.
If you are thinking of throwing a grown-up Halloween party, your to-do list must be quite long. Luckily, we can help with one of the tasks: the goodie bag.
With paper bags from the Dollar Store in hand, you can:
- Decorate with washi tape in gold, silver, copper or black-patterned instead of the traditional orange to give your bag a more classic look.
- Add stick-on letters matching the washi tape to express theme-related words.
- Stamp shapes or words on tissue paper with a stamp pad.
- For a sweet treat, instead of the traditional popcorn balls or candied apples, you can dip apples in dark chocolate (melt chocolate chips slowly in the microwave) and add some chopped nuts for crunch and texture.
- Add samples-size items you believe the receiver will enjoy. Places like Target, Sephora, or Ulta are good sources to get these without breaking the bank.
We chose a few of our upcoming products for ours:
- Lucia #1 soap
- McCrea's Caramels
- Rose Clay Purifying Mask
- and our homemade chocolate-dipped apples with pecans.
Whatever you choose to do this Halloween, be safe and have fun! Remember that keeping things simple can save you time and energy. This goodie bag is inexpensive, fun to do, and will add something out of the ordinary to your party.